The Compliance team of a major Asset Management firm asked GreySpark to help with the enhancement of their trading surveillance capability.
The prime objective to ensure compliance with the ‘Market Abuse Regulation’ (MAR).
- GreySpark worked with various business teams to identify high-risk market abuse behaviour criteria that the firm could be exposed to.
- Using this criteria, a RFP with three shortlisted vendors was carried out. GreySpark managed the communications with vendors, assisted the client to evaluate and quantify vendor responses, and made recommendations on the most suitable solution.
- Following the vendor selection, GreySpark helped to scope and execute a three month proof of concept (PoC).
- Post POC acceptance, GreySpark supported the firm during the full implementation of the solution.
- Project plans
- RFP support and coordination
- Scope and requirements documentation
- Executive communication packs
- Process maps
- Training materials
- New system / infrastructure
- Ability to effectively demonstrate MAR compliance to the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Automated behavioural alerts and fully auditable workflow helps to significantly reduce the Compliance team workload.
- Behavioural analytics reduces the number of false positive alerts, enabling the Compliance team to identify and focus on true high-risk areas of concern; in a timely manner.