Integrating trading and eComms surveillance platforms
Many firms will initially see adaption of holistic surveillance to be an arduous, expensive and maybe even a somewhat impossible task. They lack the proper budget and talent resources to resource such prospects. The top management of many firms refuse to continually invest in surveillance technology that would enable them to evolve and adapt with the changing landscape of the market and reduce false positives.
Firms need a long-term strategy and direction that will enable them to own their surveillance technologies and prepare for future security. Advancing technologies such as Big Data and Analytics, Machine Learning and Voice Recognition go a long way in constituting surveillance strategies and functions. Surveillance in financial markets firms currently focuses on trading data (KRIs) and trader behaviour (analytics) and basic ‘lexicon driven’ electronic communication surveillance.
GreySpark works with clients to launch or upgrade their surveillance functions by enabling informed decision making about how to build surveillance platforms or how to identify the correct vendor for the job. We manage the data sourcing, integration, documentation of required analytics, IT engagement, quality assurance and embedment of the new processes and technology.
Interested in GreySpark's Surveillance Services?
Surveillance Platform Selection
- GreySpark draws on its market intelligence, extensive research IP and vendor knowledge to deliver informed advice on industry best practices.
- GreySpark helps clients to identify the scope of the required surveillance and then provides advice and support in the decision to ‘buy or build’ the surveillance platform.
- Informed support can be provided for identifying the correct ‘fit for purpose’ vendors.
- While solutions are largely IT driven, everything GreySpark does and advises on is geared towards making it as easy as possible for clients to engage with their surveillance platform, and moreover, have trust in it.
Trading and eComms Surveillance Platform Integration
- Preemptively Identifying the potential future pitfalls that may accompany trading or eComms surveillance platform integration is necessary to mitigate problems.
- GreySpark offers integration support, covering both traditional analytics such as trade data KRIs and advanced analytics such as Voice and eComms, HR data and Building Access logs.
- Integration strategy is proposed and executed with the business firmly in mind and consideration is given to the timeliness and integration of feeds and ease of future maintainability, minimising dependency on in-house IT.
Our engagement and interaction with the latest technologies enables our clients to significantly expand the range and depth of feasible KRIs.
- GreySpark moves beyond utilisation of word and phrase lexicon analytics to advise clients on how to leverage the latest technologies covering voice-to-text transcription and natural language processing.
- GreySpark helps clients position the correct tools into BAU to set up effective governance for monitoring and continuous improvement.
Find the information you need to help you navigate the complex business and technology challenges you face today.
Our ever-growing repository of industry research contains authoritative, in-depth reports by our Capital Markets Intelligence (CMI) research practice.
Check out our Insights page of articles and short reports cultivated from the collective capital markets expertise of GreySpark’s UK Consulting Advisory and Project Delivery practice.