Working in GreySpark Partners’ Capital Markets Intelligence practice, you will be providing market intelligence and investigating capital markets trends in order to deliver consulting work or produce a thought leadership report. As a Research Analyst, you will be responsible for researching and analysing large amounts of multi-faceted capital markets, macroeconomic information in an effort to turn this information into marketable reports or consulting advice. The primary recipients of your work will be the Tier I and Tier II investment banks that comprise the majority of GreySpark’s client base; the thought leadership reports are also designed for consumption by a broader, public audience that includes the media (general news Web sites, industry blogs, specialist trade publications and newspapers).
The ideal Research Analyst candidate will have a general interest in capital markets, with some experience in carrying out complex research projects involving many stakeholders over the course of several weeks or months. A balance of quantitative and qualitative skills is essential, but the ideal candidate will have a specific aptitude for consuming large amounts of complex written material and the capability to turn it into accurate, clear prose that is properly sourced and which demonstrates sophisticated reasoning.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, personal and professional integrity and a desire to obtain excellence
- Strong interest in Capital Markets and the strategic aspect of technology
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- High-level of attention to detail and ability to synthesise information
- Transform extensive and detailed written analyses of complex sources of information into marketable research reports for a specialist audience
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data gathering exercises as part of a broader research process effort, including interviews with capital markets industry subject matter experts and trading technology solution providers
- Manage research process, from inception, through data gathering, to marketing and follow-ups with capital market participants
- Write and carry out generally well-prepared marketing exercises on a select basis, working with numerous stakeholders to prepare summaries of information for clients and the general media
- Conduct pre-sales consulting meetings in conjunction with GreySpark business development managers, often presenting research report findings in a bespoke manner from one meeting to the next
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts in relatable, simple terms
- Efficient, well organised and structured approach to problem-solving
- Experience in gathering and analysing information, drawing conclusions, validating those conclusions and effectively presenting results
- Interact confidently with many different types of stakeholders, including senior client stakeholders, on a project-by-project basis
- Display initiative to expand and deepen capital markets knowledge
- Exhibit a keen desire to work collaboratively with others in an effort to learn and grow as an individual
Bachelor’s degree or similar, ideally with a focus on one of the following areas: English literature, journalism, business, economics, finance, mathematics or political science.