Following a review of latency performance, the client wanted to conduct a further investigation into low latency firewalls, switches and NICs, used in eTrading colocation scenarios.
The client also wanted to performance benchmark a number of emerging hardware solutions.
GreySpark leveraged its extensive client network to conduct a survey on hardware solutions used by market participants.
GreySpark used specialist infrastructure consultants to produce a detailed performance analysis of emerging hardware solutions.
- Detailed analyses of the best-of-breed firewalls, switches and NICs;
- Key metrics across latency, throughput, reliability and cost of ownership; and
- Competitor analysis covering the following dimensions: switches, firewalls, NICs, servers, colocation venues, messaging middleware, latency monitoring tools, network speed and target latency.
- The client gained an understanding of competitor eTrading colocation hardware choices.
- The client has used the information to drive strategic investment decisions regarding their low latency offering.
- GreySpark helped better position the client to compete with industry leaders.