The client identified a potentially serious loss, which resulted in a substantial fine from the regulator. This led to a regulatory requirement program to provide more comprehensive controls and reporting. The immediate result was a high volume of non-targeted reports.
To meet regulatory requirements, the client started a tactical-to-strategic program of controls with the Front-office supervisory dashboard as the go-to point for metrics and risk management. The dashboard included 14 key metrics at launch in 2014 with a further 21 metrics planned for 2015.
GreySpark analysed the metrics and data sources required, which were cross-referenced with available tactical and strategic data. The follow tasks were completed
- Business requirements and technical design documents were delivered based on GreySpark data analysis;
- A Golden Source for data was built and designed and a reporting mechanism was created;
- Tactical (Excel-based) UI was adapted to format results; and
- Regular reports were sent back to the regulator.
- A single view dashboard for all front-to-back metrics identified as core to risk management (circa 35 named metrics covering IB FO);
- Data sourcing from a tactical and strategic view (tactical data was on-boarded with the first iteration of core metrics provided within three months of start);
- A build of a centralised Golden Source of metric data; and
- A designed and built GUI that enabled a global view to a desk-level.
- The GreySpark-designed dashboard provided a single Golden Source and a global view of metrics for use by COOs.
- The source data can be cut quickly to give a consolidated view across one or many metrics which saved the client time and provided necessary data transparency.
- The dashboard satisfied regulator demands and provided key control and risk management across all regions.