French Investment Bank
Equities; Fixed Income; FX
The client had several legacy eCommerce platforms and wanted to consolidate and move them to a ‘best-of-breed’ multi-asset class Single Dealer Platform.
The bank’s direct engagement with vendors had produced mixed results, due in part to vendors overpromising in terms of capabilities and delivery timelines.
The bank was also looking to terminate some long-standing and costly IT contracts with partners who supported their legacy offering.
GreySpark was engaged to produce the RFP and manage the subsequent process.
- GreySpark deployed a team of business and technology experts to engage with the top-tier venues as identified by the client.
- Interviews with both business and technical personnel were undertaken and an extensive assessment of current architecture was completed, including the user interface technologies.
- Finally, a detailed technical analysis was undertaken in order to build a target architecture with a consolidation plan and technological options.
- Business Requirements Documents for the Single Dealer Platform;
- The RFP delivered to vendors, along with detailed functional and technical questionnaire;
- Q&A with vendors on RFP, followed by an assessment of vendor responses;
- A shortlist of vendors for the client that included objective analyses of each vendor’s strengths and weaknesses by offering; and
- A report on likely implementation and on-going maintenance and resourcing costs for platform combinations.
GreySpark Delivered Benefits
- The client was quickly able to agree on a short list of eCommerce vendor offerings which could meet current and future business requirements.
- GreySpark helped the client reduce the risk of selecting a vendor who would not be capable of meeting client expectations.
- The impartial and independent advice GreySpark provided helped the client clearly identify a path forward.