Australasian Investment Bank
Compliance; Front-office trading; Risk; Technology
Following a preliminary GreySpark-run pre-trade risk review, the client, a leading Australasian investment bank, asked GreySpark to perform the full assessment for the entirety of the client’s Electronic Execution Systems (EES).
GreySpark conducted a full-scope assessment including all streams involved in EES execution flow for the bank covering: Governance, Quality & Change Management, Availability, Performance & Scalability and Pre-Trade Risk controls.
GreySpark then cross-referenced the final assessment against proprietary information and industry best practices to advise the client on control improvements.
- The GreySpark team first completed detailed reviews with key stakeholders.
- The team then completed a gap analysis in the context of execution flow and measured it against industry benchmarks.
- All findings and recommendations were reported to the EES Risk Operating Committees.
- The GreySpark team ensured that all actions were flagged for follow through by the bank’s ORM.
- EES systems execution flows by region;
- EES application cartography by business line and information systems architecture layers;
- A global RACI matrix and preliminary
organizational model; and
- A heat map, gap analysis and recommendations by stream and by business line.
GreySpark Delivered Benefits
- GreySpark delivered an independent assessment of the client’s risk management capabilities on all streams globally for the APAC region, including Australia.
- GreySpark provided a clear schematic and architectural representation of global exec systems flow, cartography and heat maps.
- The client gained a comprehensive series of recommendations that were integrated into their ORM process.